A Trademark can be a word, design, slogan, color and even a sound that is used to distinguish goods (e.g. Apple for computers or Harley Davidson for motorcycles) or services (e.g. Google for search engine services or Beatles for a musical group). Trademarks can be registered in a variety of classes. For example, the mark Starbucks is federally registered for restaurant services, clothing, mugs, newsletters and, of course, coffee.
Generally, U.S. trademark rights begin when the mark is actually used to promote goods or services to the public. This is different from many other countries where the rights begin when a trademark is filed for registration. While registration is not required in the U.S., there are significant benefits gained by registering your trademark with the U.S. Patent Trademark Office (the USPTO). These include, notice to the public of ownership, a legal presumption of the ownership and exclusive right to use the registered trademark with the related goods and services. Absent registration, rights to use the mark may be limited to the geographic area where the mark is used.
Through our 3 Step Process we offer a hands-on approach and cutting-edge technology to to assist you in registering your trademarks.
We provide a simple pricing option for searching, preparing and registering trademark applications with the USPTO. Need additional or specialized services? No problem, choose from our list of options to to meet your needs.
- Basic Registration*
- Attorney consultation to review trademark goals and needs.
- Review applicable classes for related goods and services.
- Conduct full search in the U.S. of federal trademarks, all 50 state trademark registries, business names, domain names, and other common law sources, and provide report.
- Prepare and file trademark application with the USPTO.
- Respond to non-substantive USPTO Office Actions.
- Send trademark registration certificate.
$750(plus government fees)
- Additional Services
- Assistance with previously filed trademark application
- Respond to Office Action for previously filed trademark application
- License Agreement preparation
- Purchase/Sale Agreement preparation
- Declaration of Use or Renewal Filing
- Monitoring and Watch Services for trademarks and domain names
- Even More: Copyright Services, Website Agreements, Contract Preparation and Negotiation, and Business Agreements.
Contact For Quote
*NOTE: The USPTO government filing fee currently ranges from $225 to $325 per class, depending on various factors. The fee options will be discussed following a review of the proposed mark and application.